E/MS Unit I: Two Cultures Collide: Early Relations Between English Settlers and Indigenous People in Plymouth and Massachusetts Bay Colonies
Lesson C: King Philip’s War
- What led up to King Philip's War?
- What was each side fighting for?
- How does it affect our understanding of events when the accounts are all written by one side, or from one point of view?
- What happened to the Christian Indians?
- Was your community affected by the war? If so, in what ways was it affected?
lesson image credit: Engraving showing the assault on Ayres garrison. Courtesy Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology, Brown University.